Tuesday, July 28, 2015

16. Fire Engine Red


Fire Engine Red
9 x 12 Inches
Oil on Gesso Board

 The other day I read this quote on the internet, "The hardest thing about writing 
a novel is finishing it." That's exactly how I felt about this painting! I almost 
gave up on this painting half way through, and then again about two thirds of 
the way through. When I feel the urge to give up on a painting I tell myself 
"Just finish it and then you can decide if it's a keeper or not." I'm glad I made myself 
finish this one! I haven't worn these red patent leather loafers in a while. I think 
I'll break these out again in the fall and winter. It's fun to wear bright colors on gray days. 

SOLD

To view all of my available paintings click here

If you would like to view my larger work, prints and notecards please visit
https://www.etsy.com/shop/gemalopez

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete