Wednesday, July 1, 2015

14. Petite Iron




"Petite Iron"
8 x 8 Inches
Oil on Gesso Board

I purchased this petite little iron at one of the many antique shops in Old Town Clovis. 
While small, it presented a pretty big challenge when it came to rendering the subtle hints of color 
in all the grays. I placed the iron on a piece of glass to get these reflections. The glass had just 
a hint of green in it which created some interesting colors in the reflections. Overall I'm pleased with the outcome. I plan on revisiting subject matter similar to this, but for now my next piece will have LOTS of color and probably some simple organic shapes!

SOLD

To view all of my available paintings click here

If you would like to view my larger work, prints and notecards please visit 

No comments:

Post a Comment