Monday, April 2, 2018

37. Vintage Market Find


"Vintage Market Find"
8 x 10 Inches
Oil on Gesso Board

SOLD

This one was really fun and smooth sailing until I got to the closure hardware. It's been sitting on my easel for months because I procrastinated, I just didn't want to start the metal part of it! I felt like the clasp would actually be fun but I was sure the rest of it would be hard work. I finally forced myself to complete it and wow, did I struggle with it! The clasps really gave me a hard time and I almost threw the piece out because I just couldn't get the clasp to work! Eventually it came together and I was encouraged enough to complete it and post it. Sometimes it works that way, the part I think it going to be "fun" almost does me in! As cute as this little "toy" purse is, which I found at a local vintage shop, I'm so glad it's off my easel and that it escaped the "round" file!


To view all of my available paintings click here

For prints of my work click here


No comments:

Post a Comment