Thursday, July 28, 2016

26. Figs From Walter's Orchard


Figs from Walter's Orchard
6 x 6 Inches
Oil on Gesso Board

A friend of mine took me to her friend's home orchard, what a treasure trove of summer fruit for my paintings! I had my pick of peaches, plums, pears, limes, figs and nectarines to name a few. What a wonderful resource for me as it's impossible to find most fruit with any leaves or branches still attached. Those elements can add so much to the painting. I think figs are so beautiful but I've never actually eaten one except for some fig jam I tried once. I thought the jam had a really "gritty" texture to it and haven't tried a fig since then! However I do like fig newtons : )

SOLD

To view all of my available paintings click here

To view my larger work visit https://www.etsy.com/shop/gemalopez

For prints of my work click here

No comments:

Post a Comment